Κυριακή 21 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

Art - Altered Notebook

Hello crafty friends! This time I want to show you a notebook I transformed. 

Being in several design teams, I sometimes find it hard to remember by heart all my deadlines and challenges. Thus, i was in a desperate need of a notebook to keep me organised. 
Digging thoorugh my craft space, I found a simple little notebook with a pain blue cover. 
That was it, it practicalle begged me to alter it lol 


I covered the cover with black gesso and then glued a Dusty Attic chipboard frame, a Prima flower and a pair of scissors my friend Yasmin had sent me - arent they amazingly cute? Everything was given a coat of black gesso. The little tassel was originally bordeaux and I have kept it in my stash forever - I cant even remeber where it is from. I misted it black. 
After that I sprayed everhting - including the tassel - with mists made with Finnabair mica powders. Pure magic in a jar I tell you!. I glued my title and some art ingredients and then at the end I sprayed some white gesso to highlight several areas. 
I wanted to keep my cover without bulk so I could use both sides of the paper. Frugal, right?


 photo Challenge-55-Pretty-Tassels_zpsy3ssp404.jpg

Kissez!!!

5 σχόλια:

  1. What a stunning project! And useful as well. Win Win, I think:) I looooove the upcycle & how you have used the scissors. Black gesso is a wonderful base to start from. Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LESSology......& I hope that this keeps you 'on track'!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Love how you transformed this notebook. So beautiful! The scissors are a cool addition too.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Really love the transformation Valia! the tiny scissors are really pretty and I love the tassel too! Gorgeous :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Oh my. This is divine! I love the amazing textures...and the drama with the dark hues.

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή